Who is a Certified Reliability Engineer?
A Certified Reliability Engineer is an individual who understands the principles of performance evaluation and prediction to improve product/systems safety, reliability, and maintainability. Reliability engineering training equips individuals to identify and manage asset reliability risks that could adversely affect plant or business operations. This training changes the way employees view reliability, enhances the ability to, analyse, develop and administer reliable robust systems.Course Overview Course Content Testimonials Pedagogy FAQs
VarSigma is an accredited training provider of Exemplar Global (previously RABQSA), a member of the ASQ family. Global recognition for our Lean Six Sigma Certification
- Pre- Requisite – Participants must be Certified Lean Six Sigma Green Belt/ Black Belt.
- Participants will attend 36 hours of facilitator led classroom training.
- Hard copy of Reliability Engineering Book of Knowledge
- Preparatory module
- Analysis data files and templates
- 19 completed case studies
- 10 e-books on Reliability Engineering related content
- 2 Simulation projects
- 2 Sample question papers
- Certified Reliability Engineering Exam Fee
- Refreshment and lunch on training days
- Project Completion certificate
- Free membership to project support forum
- 36 PDUs for PMI
For comprehensive workshop and certification information, Please email us at email@example.com
- Dr. Shantanu Kumar is an accomplished author, educator and visionary. He has been a prominent business strategy consultant for Fortune 500 organisations.
- He has trained over 10000 professionals in US, UK,Singapore, Malaysia, India, Saudi Arabia
- Please connect with him
- Each certification candidate is required to pass a written examination that consists of multiple choice questions measuring comprehension of the Body of Knowledge. The Reliability Engineer certification examination is a 2-hour, 80 multiple-choice question examination. It is only offered in English.
- Introduction to Reliability Engineering concepts
- Reliability in product and process development
- Warranty Management
- Customer needs assessment (QFD, Prototyping, Beta testing)
- Reliability Engineering Terminologies (MTTR,MTTF,MTBF)
- Product Lifecycle Engineering & Design Evaluation
Probability and Statistics for Reliability
- Statistics and Probability concepts (MTTR,MTTF,MTBF)
- Statistical Interpretations
- Hypothesis Testing
Reliability in Design and Development
- Reliability and Design techniques
- Stress-Strength Analysis
- Understand and apply FMEA, FMECA
- Fault Tree and Success Tree Analysis
- Design of Experiments
- Fault Tolerance and Reliability Optimization
- Application of Design for X Technique
- Parts and System management
Reliability Modelling and Predictions
- Use data to enhance Product Reliability
- Analysis of Reliability Model
- Application of Simulation Techniques
- Reliability Estimation
- Identification and application of Test Strategies
- Development Testing
- Product Testing
Maintainability and Availability
- Management Strategies
- Analysis of various Maintenance Types (PM, CM)
- Non Destructive Testing
- Spare parts Analysis
Data Collection and Use
- Summarizing Data collected using Trend Analysis, Weibull, Graphical Representations
- Identify appropriate Maintenance plan through RCA and Failure Analysis.
- Failure reporting, analysis, and corrective action system
To write anything about how knowledgeable Dr. Shantanu Kumar is will be an understatement. Frankly, I had joined the six sigma green belt workshop to add an extra line in my resume. But, what I learnt from the workshop was way beyond my expectations. Starting from the videos of farming practices in Israel to the automatic inventory system of amazon, the workshop impacted my rusted brain! The workshop helped me to look things differently. Even in highly standardized engineering projects, I was able to identify the issues and could come up with the solutions. I developed a tool which helped the management to easily tackle larger projects and effectively manage the training hours which in turn meant saving hundreds of euro. For me, workshop was not about learning minitab. It was to apply the learning in my area of job, to increase productivity, identify the errors and improve the quality of my work.
Thank you Shantanu for inspiring and motivating to see a broader picture!
Linkedin Testimonials- Saheba Arora, Sr. Executive Engineer at Siemens Energy and Automations, Siemens Energy and Automations
“Just amazing” is the word comes to my mind, when i think about Dr. Shantanu! His approach, his strong control over concepts makes him stand apart from others. I gained in-depth knowledge for practical use of six sigma methodology supported with examples from him during his training program i attended.
Not just knowledge the delivery system, time management is extraordinary. Exemplary! very well organised and in true sense “Six Sigma” planned & delivered program!
Linkedin Testimonials- Shaveta Alwadi, AVP – Business Process Mapping & Business Intelligence, MIPS
- What is Reliability Engineering?
Reliability engineering is field of engineering that emphasizes dependability in the lifecycle management of a product. It deals with the estimation, prevention and management of high levels of “lifetime” engineering uncertainty and risks of failure. Reliability engineering focuses on costs of failure caused by system downtime, cost of spares, repair equipment, personnel, and cost of warranty claims.
A former United States Secretary of Defence, economist James R. Schlesinger, once stated: “Reliability is, after all, engineering in its most practical form.
- Who should attend this workshop?
CRE training is best suited for individuals involved in Reliability Engineering Activities, middle and senior level managers in design and development of new product, R&D, reliability testing, warrant data analysis, quality and maintenance engineering.
This course is beneficial for those who wish to enhance their career and be recognised by improving their Reliability Engineering skills.
- Why become Certified Reliability Engineer?
CRE from Varsigma provides individuals with proven value and recognition. It helps in improving ones skill set and make a mark in competitive world. Helps professionals demonstrate expertise that most employees and recruiters recognise.
- Why VarSigma?
This workshop will be facilitated by Dr. Shantanu Kumar. We dont use services of freelance consultants as it affects the quality and consistency of the training workshop. We believe in conducting few however effective workshops with lasting impact. Dr. Shantanu Kumar has trained over 10000 participants on Lean Six Sigma, Innovation, Risk Management and Data Analytics.
- Whats included in the training fee?
36 hours classroom training, Hard copy of Reliability Engineering Book of Knowledge, Preparatory module, Analysis data files and templates, 19 completed case studies, 10 e-books on Reliability Engineering related content. 2 Simulation projects, 2 Sample question papers, Certified Reliability Engineer Exam Fee, Refreshment and lunch on training days.
- Will I be trained on Minitab?
Yes, all statistical exercises will be carried out on Minitab. Participants usually spend 8-12 hours on Minitab related exercises during the workshop. We will provide the trial version of the software on the first day of the workshop.
- Is the examination fee included?
Yes, the examination fee is included. If you are unable to pass the certification examination in the first attempt, you can take the exam again. The first re-examination attempt is free.
- What will be included in the certification kit?
Global recognition of the program ensures the certification that you receive is accepted internationally.
The certificate kit includes
1. Certificate of Successful Completion
2. Letter from VarSigma CEO stating the curriculum that was covered, examination process and certification procedure.
3. Reference check form that you can share with your employer
- How can I enroll for the workshop?
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will guide you through the enrolment process.