Who is a Lean Six Sigma Black Belt?
The Certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt is a professional who can explain Six Sigma philosophies and principles, including supporting systems and tools. A Black Belt should demonstrate team leadership, understand team dynamics, and assign team member roles and responsibilities. Black Belts have a thorough understanding of all aspects of the DMAIC model in accordance with Six Sigma principles. They have basic knowledge of lean enterprise concepts, are able to identify non value-added elements and activities, and are able to use advanced analytical tools.
VarSigma is Exemplar Global (previously RABQSA) Certified TPECS Provider for Six Sigma Competency. Exemplar Global is a member of the ASQ family ensuring Global recognition for our Lean Six Sigma Certification
- Participants will attend 54 hours of facilitator led
classroom training for Black Belt in addition to
36 hours of Green Belt classroom training
- Hard copy of Black Belt Book of Knowledge
- Preparatory module
- Analysis data files and templates
- 30 completed case studies
- 10 e-books on Lean Six Sigma related content
- 2 Simulation projects
- 2 Sample question papers
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Exam Fee
- Refreshment and lunch on training days
- 54 PDUs for PMI
For comprehensive workshop and certification
information, Please email us at
- Dr. Shantanu Kumar is an accomplished author,
educator and visionary. He has been a
prominent business strategy consultant for
Fortune 500 organisations.
- He has trained over 10000 professionals in US, UK,
Singapore, Malaysia, India, Saudi Arabia
- Please connect with him —
- Each certification candidate is required to pass a
written examination that consists of multiple choice
questions measuring comprehension of the Body of
Knowledge. The Six Sigma Black Belt certification
examination is a 4-hour, 150 multiple-choice
question examination. It is only offered in English.
- Voice of the Customer, Business
& Cost of Poor Quality
- Kano Analysis
- Quality Function Deployment
- Goal-Means Diagram & CTQ
Drill down tree
- Prioritization matrix &
- Business Case & Project Charter
- Project Management (PM) Tools
- Process Characteristics
- Data Collection
- Measurement System Analysis
which includes Gage R&R,
Attribute Agreement Analysis
- Basic Statistics and Probability
- Graphical plots like histogram,
Dot plot, Individual value plot,
Multi-vari chart, Time series plot
- Rational Sub-grouping
- Sigma level for overall &
- Process Capability Indices
- Goal Setting and Feasibility
- Failure Mode and Effects
- Value stream mapping
- Qualitative Screening
- Exploratory Analysis
- Measuring & Modeling
Relationships between Variables
- Sample Size determination for
- Sample size determine for
- Hypothesis testing for normally
distributed data which includes
t test, ANOVA, Bartlett, Levene,
- Hypothesis testing for
non-normal data which
includes 1-sample sign,
- Hypothesis testing for discrete
data which include 2-proportion,
- Correlation & Regression
including discussion on
R-squared, R-squared predicted
- Design of Experiments (DOE)
includes Full Factorial &
Fractional Factorial experiments
- Y=f(x) model development
- Graphical plots includes Main effects Plot, Interaction Effects Plot,Cube Plot, Surface Plot, Contour Plot
- Response Optimization using
- Theory of Constraints for Solutioning
- Lean Methods like SMED, JIT,
Kanban, Total Productive
Maintenance, Poka Yoke
- Full Scale Implementation
Project Plan & Validation
- Control Plan which includes Risk
mitigation dashboard,Poka Yoke
dashboard, Audit & Inspection
- Statistical Process Control (SPC)
– Control charts including p, np,
c,u, Xbar-R, Xbar-S, I-MR chart
- Solution Documentation &
Financial Benefits Projection
- Executive Summary & Handover
to Process Owner
Thank you Shantanu for inspiring and motivating to see a broader picture!
Not just knowledge the delivery system, time management is extraordinary. Exemplary! very well organised and in true sense “Six Sigma” planned & delivered program!
- Who should attend this workshop?
LSSBB training is suitable for middle to Senior Managers, Engineers, MBAs, Operations Managers, Quality Managers and professionals who want to apply the methodologies and quality control process within an organization.
- Why VarSigma?
This workshop will be facilitated by Dr. Shantanu Kumar. We don’t use services of freelance consultants as it affects the quality and consistency of the training workshop. We believe in conducting few however effective workshops with lasting impact. Dr. Shantanu Kumar has trained over 10000 participants on Lean Six Sigma, Innovation, Risk Management and Data Analytics.
- What’s included in the training fee?
54 hours classroom training, Hard copy of Black Belt Book of Knowledge, Preparatory module, Analysis data files and templates, 30 completed case studies, 10 e-books on Lean Six Sigma related content. 2 Simulation projects, 2 Sample question papers, Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Exam Fee, Refreshment and lunch on training days.
- Will I be trained on Minitab?
Yes, all statistical exercises will be carried out on Minitab. Participants usually spend 8-12 hours on Minitab related exercises during the workshop. We will provide the trial version of the software on the first day of the workshop.
- Is the examination fee included?
Yes, the examination fee is included. If you are unable to pass the certification examination in the first attempt, you can take the exam again. The first re-examination attempt is free.
- What will be included in the certification kit?
Global recognition of the program ensures the certification that you receive is accepted internationally.
The certificate kit includes
1. Certificate of Successful Completion
2. Letter from VarSigma CEO stating the curriculum that was covered, examination process and certification procedure.
3. Reference check form that you can share with your employer
- How can I enroll for the workshop?
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will guide you through the enrolment process.