Lean Six Sigma DMAIC Methodology
Lean Six Sigma DMAIC is a process improvement methodology used to improve business performance.
DMAIC expands to Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control.
A simplistic and pragmatic method to understand the objective of each phase is to ask the following questions
- Define – What should we improve?
- Measure – What is our current performance and gap?
- Analyse – What are the factors responsible for gap in performance?
- Improve – How do we bridge these gaps?
- Control – How do we sustain improved performance?
Lean Six Sigma DMAIC methodology provide a framework to assist organizations in attaining superior quality, sustainable business results, and financial returns. They do this by:
- Assuring that quality thinking becomes the way of doing business, creating a focus on customers and building customer loyalty.
- Applying proven quality tools to improve goods and services, and achieve breakthrough performance.
- Defining quality process performance metrics that tie to organizational goals.
- Creating a quality culture that is fun and provides a pragmatic way to achieve greater levels of process quality.
- Identifying projects to drive the improvement that will yield superior quality and sustainable results.
The DMAIC methodology is a guide to keep the team and project moving forward in an efficient way.